Empower me Recruitment are seeking for 2 x family engagement workers in Hillingdon area, you’ll work with individuals, families or whole communities, empowering them to:
- identify their assets, needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities
- plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action
- develop activities and services to generate aspiration and confidence.
You’ll do this by acting as a link between communities and a range of other local authority and voluntary sector providers, such as the police, social workers
Your role will frequently involve addressing inequality and the projects you work on will often be in communities perceived to be culturally, economically or geographically disadvantaged.
As a family Engagement ub8 1worker, you’ll need to:
- work on projects tackling specific issues (e.g. mental health, public transport and drug abuse) – with groups such as the homeless, the long-term unemployed, families with young children or ethnic minorities.
- seek to actively engage communities in making sense of the issues which affect their lives
- set goals for improvement and respond to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation
- identify community skills, assets, issues and needs
- ensure that local people have their say
- build links with other groups and agencies
- help to raise public awareness on issues relevant to the community
- prepare reports and policies
- raise and manage funds
- develop and implement strategies
- liaise with interested groups and individuals to set up new services
- mediate in matters of conflict
- recruit and train paid and voluntary staff
- plan, attend and coordinate meetings and events
- oversee the management of a limited budget
- encourage participation in activities
- challenge inappropriate behaviour
- carry out general administrative duties.
- Salaries for those with two or more years’ experience can reach £11-£13
8-4Monday to Friday
3 months rolling contract