| The care and support you provide may be undertaken in a range of settings, for example a residential home, a resource or day centre, in the service user’s own home and/or local community. You will work in ways which are consistent with the key aims of maintaining dignity and respecting human rights, as well as maximising the independence and potential of individual people to lead rich and fulfilling lives.
There is a clear expectation for the post-holder to develop and maintain knowledge and skills to meet the relevant NVQ Level 2 competencies.
The duties detailed in the job description may vary dependent on the setting and will be confirmed to you accordingly.
This role involves spoken communications so a confident use of English language is required.
An enhanced DBS clearance is required.
|Essential upon appointment
· Basic awareness of the role social care can play in peoples’ lives.
· Knowledge and understanding of how Equality & Diversity, Dignity & Respect, and Human Rights will apply to this role.
· Previous work or other experience to demonstrate and evidence an ability and understanding of supporting vulnerable people and working within social care values.
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
· The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
· Good standard of numeracy and literacy skills
· Ability to relate well to different individuals and engage with them
· Ability to organising, able to prioritise and manage own workload with support
· Ability to work under own initiative
· Ability to work with others as part of a small team to share skills and work towards common goals.
· Ability to work within a risk assessment and Health & Safety framework
· Ability to use creative solutions that enable people to maximise their independence including assistive technologies
|Professional Qualifications/Training/Registrations required by law, and/or essential for the performance of the role
· Commitment to gain relevant NVQ or QCF Level 2 if not already achieved
· Ability to travel (for community based work only)
· Availability to work evenings and weekends where required
Pay rate £12 per hour
Online Job Board and Recruitment Consultancy