|The Senior Practitioner will be responsible for the day to day delivery of statutory duties commensurate with supporting people within Adult Social Care.
The post holder will discharge these duties in a manner that encourages and promotes a positive learning environment for its workforce that see its customers at the centre of their care and support.
The post holder will support the Team Manager in the day to day delivery of high quality, evidence-based, compassionate and proportionate care and support.
· Assist the Team Manager in the development of an effective and confident team in line with the Directorate’s values and priorities, competencies and professional registration to maintain and uphold the positive reputation of the Council.
· Create a positive team ethos; setting an example in all aspects of work to ensure the exemplary reputation of the Council is upheld.
· Provide day to day management oversight of team operations.
· Be responsible for the safe and timely application of all Safeguarding processes and complex cases; including responding to concerns, complaints, and enquiries as directed by line manager.
· Operate in a way that promotes a positive learning environment that seeks to nurture and encourage competence and continued personal and professional development.
· Work flexibly to ensure that the team is resilient and is equipped to carry out allocated duties and take on delegated tasks as needed.
· Ensure implementation of agreed quality assurance framework to achieve safe and creative practice and person-centred outcomes proportionate to customer needs.
· Oversee the implementation of the customer pathway to ensure that staff team are executing their duties effectively to achieve positive outcomes for customers in line with legislative frameworks.
· Contribute to the effective management of team performance; ensuring accurate and timely recording and analysis of management information to validate team activity through agreed reporting cycle.
· Demonstrate leadership behaviours that actively seek to retain and recruit staff, through the facilitation of student placements, ASYE, ‘buddying’, and career progression.
· Ensure development and support to staff by facilitating and receiving effective supervision and case quality assurance audits.
· Provide professional oversight and accountability on individual cases allocated to team colleagues.
· Demonstrate a commitment to integrated working ensuring effective collaboration with all partners and stakeholders.
· Contribute to wider strategic development within the Directorate and deputising for Team Managers as required.
· Demonstrate an understanding of allocated budgets, assigned efficiencies and staffing resource that evidences best value through good practice.
|KEY DECISIONS MADE
· Prioritisation and allocation of cases
· Risk management and mitigation
· Chair/lead Safeguarding meetings
· Advise and recommend appropriate funding streams
· Deputise for the Team Manager
· Circa 20 staff
· Approval for agency staff
· Approval for critical care and support funding
WE OFFER £23-£25 P/H
37 HRS P/W
7-10 months contract
You will be working with client, Bedfordshire council