Our Client has a unique focus, supporting young people and adults with lifelong physical disabilities, learning disabilities, autism, and brain injuries acquired at an early age. We also work with adults with sensory impairments acquired at any age (people who Deaf, Deafblind, or who are visually impaired). We offer a dedicated, strengths-based approach to disability that we know makes a positive difference. Whether we are engaging with people seeking advice, providing equipment or skills training, or starting a journey with people that may lead to a personal budget to meet complex needs, we are always looking to deliver the best outcomes.
About the Job
This exciting opportunity is for a lead professional, who will be responsible for delivering a statutory social work service to people who access or need the service to include assessment, planning, reviewing and leading on complex safeguarding enquiries. This includes being responsible for leading on a specialist area of service delivery, ensuring that key developments are communicated to colleagues and that business change is successfully implemented. We are looking for a candidate who will be able to support and deputise for the Team Manager in terms of day to day management, team development and moving effectively into the future. You will work collaboratively with individuals and family or friend carers to identify people’s strengths, networks and community assets. You will remain up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation and adhere to organisational procedures, policies and codes of conduct as well as Social Work England professional standards.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be qualified for this role you are expected to be working at Senior Social Work level or higher; have relevant, advanced theoretical Social Work concepts and practices; detailed organisational knowledge relating to the provision of a professional Social Work service dealing with very complex health, social care and safeguarding issues. You will be expected to have a breadth of understanding of the therapeutic interventions that can be used and an excellent understanding of the partnership agencies including health, housing, education, statutory, voluntary and independent sector and knowledge of management strategies in order to confidently manage internal and external issues. You will have a sound and accurate ICT and keyboard skills; and need to be able to work autonomously and flexibly including some working out of normal office hours.
Required experience and skills
These will be useKey Skills:
– Solution focussed with the ability to analyse complex situations and provide forward thinking strategies and solutions that consider a variety of possible strength-based solutions, balancing risks, resources and desired outcomes.
– Highly developed communication skills in order to influence in a multi-disciplinary setting and communicate clearly and effectively to explain complicated information to a wide range of people and negotiate and persuade others to adopt a particular course of action that they may not otherwise wish to take.
– Ability to diagnose, research best practice development, analyse and interpret complex or technical information to make effective and robust judgements and write reports which consider business implications and make articulate recommendations considering the broader impacts on the business.
Ability to think creatively, innovatively and laterally and to adapt to changing situations in a measured and flexible manner in order to tailor the advice.
– Ability to work proactively as a member of the team to make an accurate assessment of needs and negotiate and implement effective plans and outcomes.
-Ability to be proactive in having up-to-date knowledge and understanding of changes in legislation and effectively lead and supervise others and to provide coaching and mentoring when appropriate.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree in relevant professional or equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
- Completion of relevant post qualifying training.
- Registration with Social Work England and will be responsible for maintaining registration.
- Practice Teachers Award / Practice Education (PEPS 2 level), Best Interest Assessor (BIA) or Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualification is desirable.
- Requirement for BIA qualified practitioners to contribute to BIA service delivery, AMHP qualified practitioners to contribute to AMHP service delivery.
- Expectation to undertake post qualifying training in one or more specialised roles, i.e. AMHP, BIA and/or Practice Educator.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with a wide breath of issues and complex situations and using highly developed analytical skills to provide solution focussed and resource efficient options.
- Evidence of good assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families. Evidence of effectively prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload of complex safeguarding cases
- Valid, full driving licence is desirable.
Pay is £25.00 p/h
**3 Month Contract**
About EmPower Me Recruitment Ltd.
Don't settle for less