EmPower Me Recruitment are looking for Care Workers to join our team. Must have previous experience and enhanced DBS.
If you feel that you are able to fulfil this role, please contact us as soon as possible.
|Key responsibilities / deliverables|
|In accordance with individual care plans, provide clients with physical support which may include household and domestic tasks, shopping, food preparation, personal hygiene and self-care.
– Administer medication in accordance with individual care plans, the Medication Policy and relevant training.
– Provide emotional support in a sensitive and empathetic manner, offering guidance in accordance with procedures and the boundaries of the job role.
– Provide support to enable tenants to maintain independence with daily living and participate in tasks and activities inside and outside their home, and to access services appropriate to their abilities.
– Respond to calls received through the emergency alarm system, or by telephone from the call centre and take appropriate follow up action.
– Report to the line manager concerns regarding safeguarding issues or significant changes in the health and social circumstances of a client, contributing to specific care needs as directed.
– Record relevant information on contact sheets at each visit in accordance with procedures and maintain all other relevant records.
– To attend team meetings, training, and appraisal and supervision meetings as requested.
– Support the induction and training of new and existing employees as requested.
– To understand and comply with the Group’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including (but not limited to): Personal Safety, Emergency Procedures, Manual Handling and use of aids and equipment.
Night workers responsibilities – in addition to the above responsibilities night workers who have elected to take part in sleeping or waking nights are required to carry out the following:
– To be present on site, and respond to calls received through the emergency alarm system, or by telephone from the call centre and take appropriate follow up action. Care workers to ensure that they follow lone working procedures.
– To be on site, and lone-work to provide a response to calls received through the emergency alarm system, or by telephone from the call centre and take appropriate follow up action.
– To conduct scheduled care calls as per the rota.
– To Lone work and to ensure the security of the building, e.g. check that doors and windows in communal areas are secure.
– To ensue all lone working procedures are followed
Employees are expected to comply with the Group’s Code of Conduct and all policies and procedures relevant to their employment and job role.
Pay rate is between £10.50-£15.00 per hour depending of shift time/day.