To successfully manage the delivery of large scale residential development projects on behalf of Westminster City Council. Westminster has a significant regeneration and development programme that will see significant investment in the borough over the next few years and deliver much needed new additional affordable housing. We are seeking experienced project and development managers that are able to integrate into our team and assist with the successful delivery of projects, manage external professional consultants and deliver effective stakeholder management.
- Assist / or lead and project manage on the complete project
- development cycle from concept to occupation. Assist / or lead specialists internally and externally to ensure forecasts, programmes, costs, design and quality standards and timescales are met. Assess and oversee all risks including health and safety are appropriately controlled in a timely manner and WCC obligations and targets achieved.
- Work with internal, and external parties where appropriate, legal advisers to implement the required contractual structures to reflect approved commercial deal structures.
- Commission and evaluate technical and legal due diligence for the identification and land acquisition of potential development opportunities.
- Ensure client and company design and technical standards and specifications are robustly delivered throughout the procurement and development processes.
- Ensure community consultation, stakeholder engagement etc … is appropriately addressed
- Ensure where necessary a Rights of Light strategy is determined and implemented in conjunction with Rights of Light consultant and solicitor and negotiate compensatory payments and to secure appropriation as appropriate
- Assist / or lead and manage the preparation and submission of the planning application process to ensure delivery of the Planning Permission within statutory timeframe, including preparation and negotiation of the Section 106 in consultation with the LPA and GLA where appropriate.
- Ensure no planning application is made until final business case validation occurs which will require in turn completion of a detailed cost plan, assembly of internal costs and all other associated commercial deal structures, legals etc to be at least fully understood and agreed if not implemented
- Assist with the procurement, appointment, leadership and management of the multi-disciplinary project teams, including architect, town planner and wider consultancy team.
- Assist with the negotiation of land transactions, including Heads of Terms, Sale/Purchase Agreement, Development Agreement, and internal approvals.
- Assist / or lead on evaluation of technical and commercial proposals received from developers and contractors proposals
- Assist with the procurement, appointment and management of developer and/or contractor organisations as appropriate ensuring contracts are based on approved brief and WCC requirements
- Ensure the EAPM correctly administers all contracts and appointments.
- Technical Design & Construction:
- Lead on remaining design to be finalised, ensure EA/PM are correctly engaged in overviewing technical designs from developer / contractors and that they meet contract obligations
- Ensure that health and safety and healthy working conditions and behaviours are promoted across all projects, operating within the appropriate regulations, with effective oversight ofthe management of health and safety from on-site contractors and developers.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and deliver feedback through reporting cycle
- Manage external consultants to ensure they are administering the contract delivering a successful scheme under the terms of their appointments
- Carry out robust Change Control process and proactively manage disputes utilising expert support as necessary.
- Handover & Aftercare:
- Liaise with internal teams to confirm the handover programme within the contract or amend
- Consult internally prior to issuing new handover programme to understand implications and obtain formal approval
- Ensure this is communicated in good time by our external consultant to the developer / contractor in order to obtain agreement.
- Manage our external consultant to ensure undertakings regarding time and quality are achieved including all documents etc…. to the satisfaction of WCC and residents.
- Ensure the project is closed out correctly, a certificate of MGD is issued only when due, last moiety of retention follows and all files maintained as required.
Pay rate is £499.17 per day.
More information available upon request.
About EmPower Me Recruitment Ltd.
Online Job Board and Recruitment Consultancy