|EmPower Me Recruitment have a vacancy for aThe Strategic Head of Management leads to join our team. This is for a fixed term contract for 2 months working in Kingston and Richmond with Achieving for Children service, in safely accommodating children in care and young people leaving care through the implementation of the placement sufficiency strategy. They are responsible for the effective delivery of placement services in Kingston and Richmond. This includes: the efficient and effective brokerage of care placements for children and young people; ensuring all care placements and contracts are managed effectively and deliver excellent value for money; leading on the quality assurance of care provision not regulated by Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission; development of the placement market to secure choice, responsiveness and the availability of care placements to meet local needs; and contract management of care placement providers and commissioning collaboratives or consortia. The post-holder will contribute to wider strategic planning and policy development across Achieving for Children, particularly as they relate to children in care, young people leaving care and the provision of care placements. As a senior leader in the organisation, the post-holder will be expected to develop and support a culture of partnership and innovation, so that services are child-focused, flexible and adaptable, and the whole organisaiton learns from mistakes, shares knowledge and improves.|
|This Order is currently open for Candidates.|
|The top 10 Candidates submitted during this period will be placed into a shortlist, for the Client|
About you: our role specification
● Educated to a degree level or evidence of an equivalent level of experience.
● A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field, such as leadership and management is desirable.
● Proven evidence of continuing professional development.
Skills and experience
● A proven track record as a successful strategic leader in children’s services.
● Good strategic understanding and experience of leading the development and successful delivery
of placement sufficiency strategies for children in care and young people leaving care.
● Significant and demonstrable knowledge of legislation, statutory guidance and best practice in
relation to placements, with a particular focus on safeguarding children and young people.
● Direct experience of managing people and successfully building high-performing teams that
achieve consistently strong outcomes for children, young people and their families.
● Direct experience of managing financial resources to achieve excellent value for money, including
the management of complex and substantial budgets and the commissioning of services.
● Experience of building strong partnerships, maintaining relationships and co-producing solutions
to challenges across a diverse group of stakeholders, including with children and young people.
● Proven ability to use data, information and evidence to create meaningful insight that can inform
strategy or policy development, decision-making and the continual improvement of services.
● Experience of addressing specific equality or diversity issues within your practice with colleagues
and/or service users and taking action to solve them.
● A passion for Achieving for Children’s vision, mission and values (trust, value. respect) to support children and young people to live safe, happy, healthy and successful lives.
● Able to use a range of IT and digital solutions to support your work effectively.
● Strong organisational abilities including: time management, creative-thinking, problem-solving
● Able to work flexibly and independently with limited management oversight.
● Personal determination, drive, energy and ambition to achieve challenging objectives, celebrate
success and deliver excellent outcomes for children using a strength based approach.
● Commitment to resource-sharing and collaborative working within Achieving for Children and
across organisational boundaries in the best interests of children and families.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills that are open, honest, persuasive and pragmatic,
including excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post, including deputising or working flexibly across the week to meet the business demands. This job profile is provided for guidance
The pay rate £28
Start and finishing time 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
About EmPower Me Recruitment Ltd
Online Job Board and Recruitment Consultancy